Total length- 4 periods + ½ day field trip
Target students – 8th class students
Class size- 30-35
Learning Objective – Students will become aware about the history of Indian Military Academy and its importance in the Indian Army.
- Reading : IMA Period 1
- Introduce students with Indian Military Academy and where it’s situated.
- When did World War I start and when it ended?
- Create discussion among students about world wars and need of an army.Discussion about wars India has fought till now.
Ans. 1914 to 1918
- Reading : IMA Period 2
- RIMC is situated at __________.
- ____________ was the first Commander-in-Chief of the Indian Army.
Ans2. Kodandera Madappa Cariappa
- Discussion among students about different ranks in the military.
In increasing order
- Ask students to identify the architectural style of the Chetwode building. Create discussion on different buildings of the British era in Dehradun among the students.
- Ask students to identify different landmarks named after the martyrs of Kargil war in Dehradun.
- Reading : IMA Period 3
- Introduce students to the campus of IMA and life of a cadet in IMA.
- Tell students about how discipline is important in one’s life.
- Ask students to make a chart of their daily routine and improve it to better manage their time.
- Reading : IMA Period 4
- Introduce students to the training regime at IMA.
- Tell students about the CDSE exam and how to get into IMA through it so to motivate students to take this exam.
- In groups students will visit different landmarks across the city which are related to the martyrs from IMA.
- They will document it through photographs and stick the photographs on the map where that landmark is situated.
- In the afternoon they will go to IMA and observe the life of cadets and document that.